Sunday 6 February 2011

At least it's not raining...

It's getting to the stage where it seems like there has never been a time when it wasn't cold and windy outside, fingers crossed the sun will come out this week. On the plus side, all this shit weather has given me a lot of time to stay indoors and look for good music.

Music for y'all:


A Side

Braids - Lemonade
According to their Last.fm page, Braids came second in a high-school talent contest to a Red Hot Chilli-Peppers cover band, I'm glad this didn't crush their dreams or stop them from making great music.

Bronze - Horses 
Love the pounding drumbeat - Sara Lisa is another good'un.





Nicki Minaj - Save Me
Guilty pleasure - I LOVE NICKI MINAJ. If you feel the same way, you've probably already seen or heard Massive Attack.





Hooded Fang - Promised Land
Quality indie pop from a Toronto 6-piece, check out Laughing if you like this.





Jay Electronica - Jazzmataz (Feat. Tone Treasure)
Released on Martin Luther King day last month - great song.


Almost A-sides:
Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers
Chase & Status - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Toro Y Moi - New Beat
Mos Def - Travelin Man (Scenic Route Remix)
Rusko & Reso - Lick the Lizard
Cassius - I Love You So (Scream Remix)
88-Keys - Wasting My Minutes (Feat. Kid Cudi)
Rainbow Arabia - Without You


B Side

Sarah Jaffe - Clementine
I was introduced to Sarah Jaffe by my lovely ladyfriend, I think she'll hit me unless I make clear that she found her first.




Mesita - Living/Breathing
Mesita is the project of a 22-year-old from Littleton, Colorado. He is a self-taught mutli-instrumentalist videogame geek and drinks a lot of coffee. I feel like we could be geeky friends.


Lord Huron - The Problem With Your Daughter
Much like Fleet Foxes - nice harmonious choon. More here.



Sibylle Baier - Says Elliott
I've posted one of her songs before, but I only found out more about her recently. Sibylle Baire was a working mum who recorded herself on reel-to-reel tapes at home in the 70's. In 2006 her son Robert compiled a CD of her music and and gave it to her family and friends, he also gave a copy to Dinosaur Jr's singer and guitarist - J Mascis. Mascis released the album on his own label. Now over thirty years after it was recorded, her music has reached a massive audience she never expected.



Geotic - Unwind


Borderline B-sides:
Amanda Palmer - The Ship Song
Heirloom - Memoryhouse
Tristan Allen - Janos vs wonderland (with Amanda Palmer)
The Durutti Column - Bordeaux
James Blake - Lindesfarne II

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE VALIDATE ME!