Sunday 9 January 2011

Another Year

It's a new year, this calls for new music. It's officially one year since I started this blog, even if I only managed all of 7 posts last year... This year's target - 8 posts! I hope everyone reading this had a great New Years and a lovely Christmas, I also hope 2011 brings you happiness and riches beyond your wildest dreams!


Music for y'all:


A Side

Frightened Rabbit - The Wrestle
These Scottish men make great music, The Wrestle is an especially good'un. If you like this, give 'The Modern Leper' and 'Things' a go.



B.o.B. - Beast Mode
Gimme those beats I eat those.


Twin Shadow - Slow
It seems the voice of Morrissey has been reincarnated inside the body of a moustache wearing 20-something hipster from the Dominican Republic/Florida...

Surfer Blood - Floating Vibes
Damn good choon.


JJ - Still
Clever swedes...


B Side

Shimmering Stars - I'm Gonna Try
I pretty much listened to this song and Del Shannon's 'Runaway' solidly for a day or two. Such a good contrast between the antisocial lyrics & the 50's/60's style happy tune.

Patterns - Two Wrong Words
These guys (well two of them) lived with a good friend of mine in Manchester. These two songs are from their first E.P. - really good stuff.
 Patterns - Wrong two words by pullyourselftogether 
 Patterns - Broken trains by pullyourselftogether 



Beach House - I Do Not Care For The Winter Sun
Lovely winter tune from Beach House.



Aurelio - Tio Sam
Really catchy tune from this Aurelio bloke from Honduras. Makes me want to cover myself in paint/animal blood and dance around a campfire.


How to Dress Well & Cokc Dokc - Ready For the World

1 comment:

PLEASE VALIDATE ME!